viation experts from around the world will gather at the International Helicopter Safety Symposium taking place in Fort Worth, TX, on Nov. 8-9. The theme of the fifth annual symposium for the worldwide helicopter industry will be Human Factors: our Collective Challenge – Our Individual Responsibility.
The event is a gathering of helicopter operators, manufacturers, service providers, trade associations, academia, government regulators, pilots, mechanics, instructors, and other industry participants from across the globe aimed at finding ways to drive the helicopter accident rate lower. Organizations involved in the symposium also are members of the International Helicopter Safety Team, which was created in 2005 with a mission of reducing the worldwide civil helicopter accident rate by 80 percent by 2016
The symposium will include six panels during the two-day event with participants sharing their expertise on a wide variety of topics, including:
- Small Helicopter Operators Panel – Safety Strategies Implemented and Challenges to Implementation.
- Training Panel – Training and Simulation Tools that Improve Decision Making and Address Human Factors.
- New Technologies/Next Generation Helicopter Infrastructure Panel – Improvements for Impacting Human Factors and Decision Making.
- Corporate Safety Culture Panel – Strengthening a Safety Culture.
- Regional Partners Panel – How to Best Implement Safety Intervention Recommendations in Regions Throughout the World.
- IHST Executive Committee Panel – What are the Global Helicopter Community’s Biggest Challenges in Reaching Their Safety Goal?
More information about the Fifth Annual International Helicopter Safety Symposium can be obtained at the International Helicopter Safety Team web site (www.IHST.org).