Members of the International Helicopter Safety Team (www.IHST.org) will be providing their safety advice for Heli-Expo participants in Louisville at 14 different workshops and at a special safety symposium. The IHST promotes safety and works to reduce accidents through a government and industry cooperative effort that has resulted in a worldwide decrease in civil helicopter accidents since the organization’s inception in 2005.
The U.S. Helicopter Safety Team (http://www.ushst.org/) will help the Helicopter Association International kick off Heli-Expo 2016 by hosting a Symposium for helicopter safety professionals on Feb. 29th in Louisville. The theme of the Safety Symposium will be “Safety and the Bottom Line” and will include presentations focused on showing how safety initiatives and the fostering of a safety culture results in a more profitable operation.
The full list of IHST-related workshops scheduled at Heli-Expo 2016 is the following:
- Safety and the Bottom Line: Safety Symposium hosted by USHST - Feb. 29, 8:00 am
- The IIMC Threat: Avoidance and Survival - March 1, 8:30 am, and March 2, 2:15 pm
- Pilot Error. Truth or Dare? - March 1, 8:30 am, and March 2, 8:00 am
- Aeronautical Knowledge vs. What Pilots Should Know - March 1, 1:00 pm, and March 2, 9:15 am
- Autorotations: Reality Exposed - March 1, 1:00 pm
- Aviation Human Factors: Protecting Us from Ourselves - March 1, 2:15 pm, and March 2, 10:30 am
- Rotor or Not, Here We Come. Managing Cockpit Distraction - March 1, 2:15 pm, and March 2, 1:00 pm
- SMS for Small Fleet or Private Operators - March 1, 3:30 pm, and March 2, 8:00 am
- Settling with Power: The Vuichard Recovery - March 1, 3:30 pm, and March 2, 2:15 pm
- My Type A is Better Than Yours! - March 1, 3:30 pm
- Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring “Unplugged” - March 2, 8:00 am
- What the FRAT? - March 2, 10:30 am
- Did You See That? Judging Culture - March 2, 10:30 am
- Just Culture and the Accountable Executive: Why Should They Care? - March 2, 11:45 am
- The Zero Accident Marathon: Training for the Win - March 2, 11:45 am
More information about the IHST, its reports, safety tools, and presentations from its 2014 safety symposium can be obtained at its web site (www.IHST.org) and on the IHST Facebook page.